For healthcare providers, customer service is a key business driver for referrals and client acquisition. Groups need to focus on customer service at all touch points with the client from initial experience to the service provided and payment. Pediatric behavioral health is no different. Collecting the patient portion for services provided is often a big area of improvement for most groups. It is a critical function to keep the group profitable but presents a customer service challenge.
Insurance can be daunting and difficult for the client to understand. Groups are left with the responsibility of not only collecting the patient portion but also educating families on their insurance. It can be a tricky balancing act to maintain good client relationships while collecting in a timely manner. Taking the time to put processes in place at every step of the revenue cycle will ensure success.
Here are 6 key ways to improve your customer service related to insurance:
- Have clear and honest communication with clients about financing options up front and your company's policies on financing.
- Provide initial communication on how caregivers will be able to access a bill and to understand the billing period.
- Provide education around eligibility checks.
- Encourage the members to also reach out to their insurance company to fully understand their eligibility.
- Provide a parent portal for the parents to easily check visit numbers as well as access to their bill.
- Provide ease of access for parents to access bill and easily pay online, along with setting up a payment plan.
Putting these processes into action will ensure not only success for your group but will provide your clients with a positive experience. If patient collections are a challenge for your group, Coronis is here to help.